Recipe originally from The best-ever Vegetarian Cook Book.
- 225g firm tofu (recipe calls for smoked)
- 45ml dark soy sauce
- 2t sherry/vermouth (I used Muscadel)
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 2t honey
- 2t cornflour
- medium noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Put it into a bowl with the soy sauce and sherry, and toss to coat each piece. Leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Put the leeks, ginger, red pepper and stock into a frying pan. Bring to the boil and cook quickly over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until all the ingredients are soft.
- Strain the tofu, reserving the marinade, and set the tofu aside. Mix the honey and cornflour into the marinade.
- Put the noodles into a large pan of boiling water. Remove from heat and leave to stand for 6 minutes until cooked.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and quickly fry the tofu until lightly golden brown on all sides.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the tofu with the marinade and stir well until the liquid is thick and glossy. Spoon onto the egg noodles and serve.
Post a Comment