Recipe originally from The best-ever Vegetarian Cook Book.
- 450g mushrooms – I used a combination of white button mushrooms and portabellini.
- 1t olive or coconut oil – I used coconut oil instead.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1T tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 3T chopped fresh oregano
- Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta al dente
- Trim the mushroom stems neatly, and cut the mushrooms in quarters.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Toss the pasta in the Bolognese sauce, and serve with shaved parmesan cheese or non-cheese topping of your choice.