This is a vegetarian variation of an old classic, and generally a favourite with the little ones.
- 6 large potatoes/500g baby potatoes, soft boiled
- 1T white margarine
- 3 cups cooked soy/vege mince
- 400g chopped mushrooms
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1t coconut oil/ghee
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup peas/petit pois
- oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Fry the onions in the oil until soft, add the crushed garlic, soy mince and mushrooms. Place lid on saucepan and cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the carrots, tomatoes and peas, replace lid and simmer over a low heat until soft.
- Add the herbs and spices, simmer for 5-10 minutes. Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Mash the potatoes (without skins) with the margarine until smooth and lump free. Spoon on top of mince mixture, and dust with paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.