I have been a little slow with the recipes for the past couple of days. Life is a little crazy, with the planning for our trip later this year, work and everything else, that I am just not quite catching up to it all. We had this lovely vegetarian and mostly body-friendly lasagne on Sunday evening, to comfort us from the sudden chill.
- 600g Portabellini mushrooms, quartered
- 400g baby spinach
- 1t coconut oil
- 1t crushed garlic
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 500ml tomato sauce – I use a bottled tomato and herb sauce from Woolworths
- sheets of lasagne pasta, uncooked.
- 2 cups béchamel sauce
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- In a large saucepan, heat up the coconut oil and fry the onions until soft. Add the garlic, fry but be careful not to burn it.
- Add the mushrooms, turn down the heat, cover and cook slowly until the mushrooms are soft. Stir in the spinach, replace the lid and simmer until the spinach is sufficiently wilted, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- In an oven-proof dish, layer the pasta and mushroom sauce, until you have used up all the sauce, but be sure that your last layer is pasta.
- Pour over the bechamel sauce, top with grated cheese and bake in the oven uncovered for 30-45 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly crispy. Serves 4.