I really should not even admitting to using some of the ingredients I used, but hey, it is Friday night, I feel like having a bunny chow and I am super lazy, so I used really easy ingredients and improvised mostly from the pantry. I used this recipe as a very rough guideline, using a measurement style that is more up my alley.
This recipe yields 4 very big bunnies, could easily feed 6-8 people instead.
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, chopped
- 1 tin tomato mix – Indian style
- 1 tin tomato and garlic mix <—this I added by accident, you could probably leave it
- 2 tins mixed vegetables in brine, drained
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 tin butter beans, drained
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4-5 cardamom pods
- 1t cumin
- 1t coriander
- 2T sugar
- 2 loaves of bread
- Fry the onion until soft. Stir in the spices and the kidney beans and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the sugar, the tomato mix and the mixed veggies, and some water, simmer for about an hour and a half, stirring every now and again.
- Add the butter beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Cut the loaves of bread in half and hollow them out. Dish curry into hollows, top with plain yogurt and serve with sambals.
Some notes: The curry mixture should have some liquid to be absorbed into the bread. Using half a loaf renders a massive meal – you would probably have lots of left overs.
Post a Comment