This recipe yielded 12 smallish crumpets, just enough for breakfast for 2 and taste-tests for the others.
You will need:
- Egg replacement to the equivalent of two eggs. I used Orgran No Egg – 2T mixed with 4T water
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup soy milk (or your favourite non-daily milk)
- 2T vegetable oil
- 2c flour – I used normal cake flour, as we do not have gluten issue (yet)
- 4t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- Beat the egg-replacement and the castor sugar together.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and the oil. Beat until smooth.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Gradually beat in the remainder of the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Drop spoons full on a hot greased flat frying surface. Cook until air bubbles appear, and flip. Cook until both sides are lightly browned.