We found this great recipe here and thought we would try it out. We did use chocolate soy milk instead of the water or soya milk, and used dark chocolate disks instead of the chocolate chips. Really easy to make, and incredibly more-ish.
- ¾ cup white flour
- 2/3 cup cold water or soya milk
- 100g tofu
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cups sugar
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cup white flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
Optional: broken up, chipped or nibbed nuts
Preheat oven to 180°C/350F.
- Whisk or puree the tofu, flour and water until smooth in a sauce pan, and whisk constantly over low heat until it thickens - about 10mins (don't boil it).
- Take off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips, salt, vanilla and sugar, until the chocolate chips are melted. Set aside to cool.
- When mixture is cool, mix in the oil. It can take about 20 minutes to cool, so give it a stir and/or put it in the fridge.
- Sift the 1½ cups of flour, the cocoa and the baking powder together. Fold in the tofu mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Spread evenly in a greased baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.