Taking my queue from And as the world turns I would like to attempt both a story in six words and the memoir in six words meme.
Brevity has never been my strong suite. I often ran out of paper during the creative writing portion of my exams while at school, and I still struggle to be brief - although, with doing a lot of technical writing, I have learnt to be more to the point.
First, a story. In Six words. (hey that was six words, yay me)
Starry sky, small hand in mine.
Power's out. No dialtone. He's here.
This is fun, I can do it all day. Maybe not. My husband's contribution to this exercise is:
You sow? Does your mother know?
And, in conversation with my daughter:
Don't get sidetracked by the cuteness
Now, onto the meme. First of all, the rules for the meme:
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
- Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
- Tag five more blogs with links.
- And don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
I will not tag anyone, but would like to invite everyone to play with :)
And, in a nutshell, I think this is me:
Too much sehnsucht, not enough time.